How to Use Pride Time on the Samsung Galaxy Watch4 and Watch5
Modified on: Sat, 31 Dec, 2022 at 10:25 AM
Squeaky Dog Studios has found that simply installing the Wear OS by Google app on your smartphone allows Pride Time to communicate with the Galaxy Watch4.
Here's what to do on your smartphone:
- Install the Galaxy wearable app and connect your Galaxy Watch4 and Watch5
- Install the Wear OS by Google app and DO NOT open it
- Install or update the Pride Time mobile companion app to the latest version 4.4.126 from the Google Play Store
- Open the Pride Time mobile companion app
Then, on your Galaxy Watch4:
- Swipe up and launch the Google Play Store
- Search for Pride Time and install it
- Dismiss the Play Store app
- Long press and swipe to switch to the Pride Time watch face
A little more background:
The new Galaxy Watch4 is the first smartwatch from Samsung to run the new Wear OS 3 platform, and communication between the mobile phone and smartwatch work differently than before. The Wear OS app provides the capability that allows the Pride Time mobile companion app to communicate with Wear OS based smartwatches. The Wear OS app does not need to be opened to provide this capability. If opened, it will ask you to reconnect your watch, which does not need to be done
We have requested guidance from Samsung on how to accomplish communication between the Pride Time mobile companion app and the Galaxy Watch4 without the use of the Wear OS app. We will send a follow up email to our mailing list once we have more information from Samsung.
If you have purchased Pro and you need a refund, please follow the instructions on our FAQ here: How Do I Get a Refund? and respond with your Transaction ID.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.